One of the few upsides of having ordered a copy of SWTOR to be sent to a friend in the USA, is that I got my product registration code this morning. So I’ve dutifully gone in, entered that, started my subscription and have also set up my SWTOR security key (click on image for full size):
1. Log into your account on SWTOR.com
2. Click on My Account at the top right of the page
3. Select Code Redemption from the menu on the right of the page
4. Enter your Product code
5. You then are given the prompt of needing an active subscription – so click on that
6. Choose the type of subscription period you want (1 month, 3 months or 6 months) and how you want to pay for it (Credit Card, Paypal or Game Time cards). One thing: I had problems getting my PayPal transaction to go through for some reason so I ended up going with a credit card. COuld have been a glitch my end.
7. Confirm your payment and you’re subscribed.
8. Now you have the option of setting up a security key. The SWTOR security key can either be purchased as a standalone product or downloaded as an iOS app for iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch etc, with Blackberry and Android versions on the way.
9. Once you have the security key, register the key, which is a series of simple steps of entering two activation codes on your key that are supplied during this process.
10. That’s it!
I’ve since logged in successfully to the game and the website and both required the security key – if you regularly flit between a few PCs you have the option in your account of having that PC remeber you use a security key.
Aside from the PayPal issue which may have been my end, I can confirm it’s an easy process and it all seems to be working flawlessly three days before launch.
Over to you: any questions or comments on the process?